Please take a few moments to provide feedback on this year’s Symposium to help with the planning for the 2017 event.
JOIN US IN HALIFAX!
We look forward to seeing you! Take a moment to view the above brief video about the sights and sounds of Halifax to whet your appetite!
Dear members of the Garrod Association,
On behalf of the Garrod Society, it is my pleasure to invite you to the upcoming Garrod 2016 Symposium, which will be held from May 19-21 at the Marriot Harbourfront Hotel located on the historic waterfront of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The theme of this year’s meeting is “Ships on the Horizon: The Treatment and Management of IEM: Innovation, Evidence and Outcomes”, with a wide range of topics of interest for clinicians, scientists and trainees. This program will also be hosting a CIMDRN (Canadian Inherited Metabolic Diseases Research Network) session.
We look forward to hosting you in Halifax!
Jane Gillis, MSc, MD, FRCPC, FCCMG
BC Children’s Hospital
- Review the Canadian Inherited Metabolic Disorders Research Network (CIMDRN) – Results of data from national IEM database, models, and population studies to date
- Engage and interface with National patient/ patient support/advocacy groups
- Review of natural history models and associations between interventions and outcomes
- Review population based outcomes of different inborn errors of metabolism and available treatments by regions
- Review of Rare disease drug development
- Review of available evidence for treatment of Rare Biochemical Disorders
- Review of value based decision-making policies currently in place and assessment of available health technologies
- Review of current and future innovative therapies available such cell based therapies, transplant and medical therapies
- Review and discuss recent enhancements of established therapies
- Review high throughput technologies for personalized management of inborn errors of metabolism and learn about those currently in place in Canada
- Enhance patient engagement and improve healthcare awareness of patients’ perception of IEM, treatment and life impact
Thank you to our sponsors!